Guidelines for Author
GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
Types of paper
Contributions falling into the following categories will be considered for publication: original research papers, reviews, short communications. Please ensure that you select the appropriate article type from the list of options when making your submission. Authors contributing to special issues should ensure that they select the special issue article type from this list.
You can use this list to carry out a final check of your submission before you send it to the journal for review. Please check the relevant section in this Guide for Authors for more details. Ensure that the following items are present: One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details: E-mail address Full postal address All necessary files have been uploaded:
Include keywords All figures (include relevant captions) All tables (including titles, description, footnotes) Ensure all figure and table citations in the text match the files provided Indicate clearly if color should be used for any figures in print Graphical Abstracts / Highlights files (where applicable) Supplemental files (where applicable) Further considerations Manuscript has been 'spell checked' and 'grammar checked' All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet) Relevant declarations of interest have been made Journal policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on journal requirements For further information.
Before you Begin Ethics in publishing Human and animal rights If the work involves the use of human subjects, the author should ensure that the work described has been carried out in accordance with http://www.wma.net (Declaration of Helsinki) for experiments involving humans; http://www.icmje.org Authors should include a statement in the manuscript that informed consent was obtained for experimentation with human subjects. The privacy rights of human subjects must always be observed. All animal experiments should comply with the and should be carried out in http://www.nc3rs.org.uk/arrive-guidelines accordance with the U.K. Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act, 1986 and associated guidelines ,EU Directive 2010/63/EU for animal experiments or the National Institutes of Health guide for the care and use of Laboratory animals (NIH Publications No. 8023, revised 1978) and the authors should clearly indicate in the manuscript that such guidelines have been followed.
INSTRUCTION TO AUTHORS
Iraqi Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJPS) publishes papers on various aspects of pharmaceutical and medical science. Iraqi Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJPS) is a fully open access journal. Open access (OA) refers to free, unrestricted online access to journal articles. OA content is open to all, with no access fees. For more information on Creative Commons Attribution licenses and the benefits of publishing open access click here
- The journal publishes the Iraqi and foreign articles submitted by researchers then subjected for evaluation and should fall into one of the following groups:
- Original research work containing basic or practical results. The total number of words in the research paper should not exceed 5000 words .
- Review article . The total number of words in the review should not exceed 10000 words and the total number of references should not less than 70 reference .
- Laboratory notes (short communications).
- Case Reports.
- The manuscript should be typed, single-spaced on standard-sized-paper (8.5" x 11") with 1" margins on all sides. Times New Roman font 14 pt should be used. The fonts used in the text as well as graphics should be restricted to Times New Roman, Symbol.
- The manuscript should be in English and submitted to Iraqi journal Pharmaceutical Sciences onlineuobaghdad.edu.iq. and divided into the following sections: Title should be submitted on separate sheet and contain the following informations:
- Title, name, address of author (s).
- Name and address of the corresponding author ( Phone no. , E-mail ID )
- Running title which is a short title printed in the Journal at the right corner of right hand page of the article ( except the lead page ) . A short title of not more than 50 character should be given.
- Abstract typed separately in both languages not exceeding 200 and should contain
- key words
- Introduction Materials and methods.
- Results .
- Discussion .
- Conclusion The conclusion should be a brief paragraph, that summarizes the findings presented.
- It should be mentioned if the research is abstracted from M.Sc. or Ph.D. thesis
- All the scientific abbreviations should be mentioned in full which first referred to in paper; otherwise the SI units and their abbreviations should always be used .
- Discussion can be included within results in certain circumstances .
- graphs, legend and tables, should be drawn and typed carefully and clearly on separate sheets arranged at the end of text.
- References should be numbered in one consecutive series by order of appearance in the text.
- The list of references; should be typed on a separate sheet paper and arranged numerically according to their appearance in the text and they should be written according Vancouver as follows : a ) Journals name abbreviations should be according to the chemical abstract service source index and according to the following sequence: Name of the author(s), Title of the articles, name of the journal, Year, Volume and the first and last page of the paper. References in the chemical abstract can also be used for references that are not available Articles that are officially accepted for publication should be written as in press " or Unpublished results "after the name(s) of the author(s). b) Books should be written as follows: Name(s) of author(s), name of the book, edition, editor (publisher), place of publication, year, and the first and last page of the chapter.
- Authors are required to send a covering letter along with the manuscript undertaking that, "manuscript has not been published so far/communicated to some other journalâ€download Iraqi Journal Pharmaceutical Sciences License Agreement.
- The secretary of the journal checks the plagiarism of research submitted for publication using Turnitin program and the accepted limit for plagiarism is 20%.
- The manuscript is sent to experts in your field of study ( at least three reviewers) via open journal system in order to gain their insight and suggestions.
- All manuscript accepted for publications must be approved by referees and revised by the editorial board. The editorial board reserves the right to ask for modifications of the text by the authors
- For any article accepted for publication , the author(s) or the corresponding author should agree to transfer the copy right to the journal and sign a declaration of this effect .download Researcher undertaking
To download a search template ready to help the researcher in the context of the journal please download the template click here
Article Processing Charges (IJPS)
Authors are required to pay 100 USD (Iraqi Authors) , free of charge (foreign authors) for IJPS upon acceptance of manuscript. For more details refer to the secretary of the journal .